|Membership in the Liberty Alliance guarantees the ability to shape and impact the next phase of identity management and Web services . By contributing to its development, Liberty Alliance members earn thought leadership in their industries and get a tangible jump on the emerging Liberty protocols — allowing for faster development of new products and revenue opportunities as well as internal development of cost-saving processes.
Some specific membership benefits and activities include:
- Participation in development of market requirements, specifications, roadmaps, and other technical guidelines that guide the work and perspective of the organization
- Networking across member organizations, gaining a better understanding of needs that exist across various vertical and horizontal sectors
- Opportunity to participate in private and public interoperability testing and demonstrations
- Pre-release review of specifications and other materials before they are available for public consumption
- High-profile opportunity to understand and contribute to developing public policy across the globe