[liberty-dev] ID-FF WSDL Review and Proposed changes

To “LibertyDev” <liberty-dev@emailprotection.org>
From “Darryl G. Champagne” <dgc03052@adelphia.net>
Date Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:34:09 -0400
Importance Normal
Reply-to liberty-dev@emailprotection.org
Sender liberty-dev-owner@emailprotection.org

From: davis mcpherson
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 9:58 AM

I have begun a review of the wsdl/xsd files provided on the Project
Liberty site with a goal of insuring they
are correct, conform to the specs and conform to WS-I Basic Profile....
following are the initial set of issues
i have encountered....please comment

thanks

davis

>       1) the 'part' element for each 'message' element has a 'type'
> attribute which defines the
>           structure of the message ...however the value of this 'type'
> attribute was an element  not a type.
>
>           e.g.
>                <message name="authenticationResponse">
>                       <part name="body" type="iff:AuthnResponseEnvelope"/>
>               </message>
>
>         i changed these to use the 'element' attribute as shown:
>
>        <message name="authenticationResponse">
>               <part name="body" element="iff:AuthnResponseEnvelope"/>
>       </message>
>
>       2) the Logout message operation element did not match the spec.  The
> spec says that the response
>            is a LogoutResponse but the .wsdl had a AuthenticationResponse
> element defined as the output:
>
>               i.e.
>                        <operation name="Logout">
>                                       <input message="tns:LogoutRequest"/>
>                               <output message="tns:authenticationResponse"/>
>                       </operation>
>
>           i changed this to:
>
>                        <operation name="Logout">
>                                       <input message="tns:LogoutRequest"/>
>                               <output message="tns:LogoutResponse"/>
>                        </operation>
>
>       3) there was no 'binding' element... i copied the binding element
> from an earlier version of this file...If a binding
>            element is included do we want to change the soap:binding style
> attribute to 'document'?  in the earlier version
>            i have seen it is defined as 'rpc'
>

>       i've tested this with the Apache Axis WSDL2Java code generator and it
> is processed fine...i plan to test with
>       other web services toolkits but will not get to that for a couple of
> weeks...

davis mcpherson
Chief Architect
Epok, Inc.