The Identity Theft Prevention SIG–open to public participation–exists for the discussion of identity-based crime as a whole, creating a forum for industry recommendations and action (eg. identity theft, identity fraud, etc). Specific goals include:
- Generation of best practice guidelines/suggestions/technical recommendations to feed into appropriate Liberty Alliance expert groups and other interested community bodies
- Generation of a taxonomy for defining ID Theft and application of Liberty (current and potential futures) to various elementsDefining opportunities in deploying appropriate technical and policy solutions to help mitigate identity theft
- Serving as a community body for discussion and upleveled awareness of solutions (existing and potential) for ID theft/fraud protection or mitigation
- Serving as experts on ID Theft with clearly articulated messages
- Providing education to businesses and the people they serve regarding ID theft (both members and non-members)
- Serving as a catalyst for responsible development, maintenance and implementation of identity infrastructure, from both a policy and a technical perspective
Join the community and participate in the conversation.